Of course, there are concerns in the market, but I still recommend looking at some of the dividend-yielding stocks with a solid competitive position, strong balance sheet and competent management. I've created a screen based on stocks rated "buy" by TheStreet Ratings' quantitative equity model. For this screen, I've looked for companies with a yield equal to or higher than the S&P that have grown dividends paid over the past year, with a dividend payout ratio of less than 60% (meaning they have capital to reinvest in the business), with better than average returns on capital, and on solid financial ground.
Above are the top 20 names that bubbled to the top of the list. Most are stable, blue-chip-type names, so if you're looking for something more exciting, you may want to avoid these. Feel free to leave any comments.
>>To see these stocks in action, visit the 20 Top-Yielding, Top-Rated Stocks to Buy portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV