Six Months After "3/11": Experts To Discuss Where Nuclear Power Stands After Fukushima Disaster
In the Wake of Recent Reactor-Rattling Earthquake and Hurricane Irene, Leading U.S. Experts to Outline Implications for Industry, Regulatory Process, Safety and Public Health
WASHINGTON, Sept. 7, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Sunday marks two important anniversaries – but the one that will get less attention is "3/11" – the six-month anniversary of the Fukushima nuclear reactor crisis. In anticipation of that anniversary, three leading U.S. experts will hold a phone-based briefing to discuss where things stand now and where they are going for nuclear reactors.
The news event will be held at 11 a.m. EDT/ 1500 GMT Thursday ( September 8, 2011).
Representing a broad range of regulatory, health and engineering expertise, the experts will examine what is now known about the Fukushima disaster, what the implications are for U.S. reactors oversight and design, and what the post-Fukushima implications are since the recent earthquake and Hurricane Irene events in the U.S.News event speakers will be:
- Peter Bradford, former member of the United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission, former chair of the New York and Maine utility regulatory commissions, and currently adjunct professor at Vermont Law School on "Nuclear Power and Public Policy";
- Ed Lyman, senior scientist, Global Security Program, Union of Concerned Scientists; and
- Dr. Andy Kanter, national board president elect (2012), Physicians for Social Responsibility, and director of Medical Informatics / Health Info Services, Millennium Villages Project, Earth Institute, Columbia University.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV