Romney Unveils Details of Economic Plan
"The right course for America is to believe in growth," Romney said. "Growing our economy is the way to get people to work and to balance our budget."
Romney argued that the way he would save money for the middle class would be to eliminate taxes on savings, interest and capital gains.
Romney said he wanted to get money back in America and criticized the current economic woes and lack of jobs as "the Obama Economy."
"I don't have a text written... I'm not going to be reading. I don't have a teleprompter here," Romney said in a reference to President Barack Obama's opponents who have said the president has too often relied on prepared statements in his speeches.Romney's economic policy talk came ahead of a major jobs speech Obama was expected to give to a joint session of Congress on Thursday. The date of Obama's speech was moved from Wednesday after House Speaker Boehner complained that it would overlap with an important GOP debate that was slated at the same time on NBC. -- Written by Joe Deaux in New York.
>To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV