1. US Airways Group (LCC), through its subsidiaries US Airways Shuttle and US Airways Express, operates more than 3,200 passenger flights per day serving 80 million passengers each year. The company is part of the Star Alliance Network and offers scheduled services in the U.S., Europe, the Middle East and South America.
The significant improvement in overall demand coupled with higher passenger yield boosted top-line during the second quarter of 2011. Total revenue was $3.5 billion, up 10.5% from the same quarter prior year and total revenue per available seat mile rose 7% from the earlier year to 15.36 cents. Net income stood at $106 million for the second quarter 2011.
Doug Parker, US Airways Group's CEO, said in a press statement, "We are pleased to report a profit for the second quarter of 2011 -- particularly in spite of a 47% year-over-year increase in fuel price. Overall demand for our services remained strong during the quarter with revenues up more than 10%, while our mainline unit cost excluding special items, fuel and profit sharing increased only one percent." Analysts surveyed by Bloomberg have 141% upside for the stock over the next one year with 57% buy rating.>>To see these stocks in action, visit the 6 Stocks Under $7 With Upside portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV