5. Gran Tierra Energy (GTE) is a Canada-based upstream energy company with oil and gas properties in Colombia, Argentina and Brazil.
For the second quarter of 2011, the company reported production of 18,141 boe/d, increasing 36% due to additional production from recent discoveries and existing fields. Revenue and other income increased 93% to $162 million. Net income nearly doubled to $31.6 million during the quarter.
Higher production ensured healthy operating cash flow of $64 million over $50 million reported in the same quarter prior year. Cash and cash equivalents were $211.4 million. Management estimates capital expenditure during 2011 to amount to $357million, with $190 million allocated towards drilling, $87 million for seismic acquisition and $79 million for infrastructure.Following the acquisition of Petrolifera, management expects 2011 production to average between 17,500 to 19,000 boe/d. Analysts surveyed by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain 57% over the next one year. The stock has 88% buy rating.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV