NEW YORK (TheStreet) - US Airways (LCC),MEMC Electronic Materials (WFR), Micron Technology (MU), Amkor Technology (AMKR), Advantage Oil & Gas (AAV) and Gran Tierra Energy (GTE) are trading at less than $7 a share but are expected to outperform their peers and the broader markets, based on their respective 12-month price targets.
We have picked these stocks from sectors such as energy, airlines and semiconductor. They have average buy ratings of 57% and upside potential ranging from 55% to 141%.
6. MEMC Electronic Materials (WFR) manufactures silicon wafers. The company operates in segments such as semiconductor materials, solar materials and solar energy.
Net sales for the second quarter of 2011 were reported at $745 million, up 66% from the same quarter prior year. Sales were robust on greater sales volume for solar energy systems, improved solar wafer and semiconductor volumes, and wafer prices.
During the quarter, gross margin was 24.3% compared to 17.2% in the corresponding quarter of 2010 and 15.5% in the 2011 March quarter. Net income for the quarter was $47.3 million, vs. a net loss of $4.5 million in the 2011 March quarter and $13.8 million in the 2010 second quarter.Capital expenditure for 2011 second quarter halved to $103 million as against $206 million in the first quarter of 2011. With cash and cash equivalents of $652 million and operating cash of $199 million at the end of June, the company is comfortably placed to fund its capex program, going ahead. The company estimates 2011 non-GAAP sales between $3.3 and $3.6 billion and non-GAAP EPS of $0.80 to $1.00. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining 55% over the next one year. The stock is trading at 7.8 times its 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV