Checkpoint-friendly product makers
Companies that make travel products have also built market share amid TSA restrictions.
Laptop-bag makers now frequently tout that their zippers allow east access and are "checkpoint friendly."
According to the TSA, travel-ready bags include the following features: a designated laptop-only section you can lay flat on the X-ray belt; no metal snaps, zippers or buckles inside, underneath or atop the laptop-only section; and no pockets inside or outside the laptop-only section.Toiletry makers have also hit the market with specially designed 3-ounce containers that meet carry-on liquid restrictions. (Because the U.S. isn't on the metric system, the TSA technically allows 3.4 ounces -- which rounds nicely as 100 ml for foreign travelers.) -- Written by Joe Mont in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joe Mont. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/josephmont. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV