NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Texas Gov. Rick Perry has made presidential campaign trips on a jet owned by a contributor who is under investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission and Texas regulators, according to published media reports.
Perry flew last weekend on a jet belonging to Brian D. Pardo, the CEO of life settlement company Life Partners Holdings (LPHI), according to a report by The Wall Street Journal that cited a Perry campaign aide and flight records obtained through Flightwise.com.
The plane also carried the governor's relatives from Texas to Charleston, S.C. on Aug. 13, the day Perry officially launched his presidential campaign, the report added.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV