iShares MSCI Germany Index Fund (EWG)
Europe remains a notoriously volatile region of the globe as nations comprising the EU continue to work out their respective debt issues. In the week ahead, Germany will be a particularly interesting to watch as it releases a battery of economic data points.
During the middle of the week, investors will get a glimpse at the state of the German marketplace when factory orders, industrial production numbers, and exports data are released.
Germany is often fingered as a point of stability amidst the troubled euro bloc. However, as we have witnessed in recent months, the nation still faces substantial headwinds.SPDR Gold Shares (GLD) Although they struggled a bit during the final full week of August, gold ETFs appear to have found their footing, propelled by continued investor concerns regarding the state of the global economic recovery. Friday's dismal jobs report helped lift both GLD and iShares Gold Trust (IAU) back to previous all-time highs. There is a chance that this shortened week of trading will be marked by increased volatility. Defensive asset classes like gold will likely continue to be a popular destination. Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV