Editor's Note: This story is part of a special series, "30 Days of CEOs." Each day in September, TheStreet will publish an interview with a chief executive. To follow the series, visit and bookmark our "corner office."
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- If there's one corporate sector that should have a pretty good handle on the job market, it's staffing companies, and they don't see what the markets see in August's weak jobs number.
On Friday, the nonfarm payrolls report showed no net new jobs created. Yet the staffing companies insist that the markets are pricing in a much worse employment outlook than the pound-the-pavement hiring reality indicates.
The key line item for staffing companies in the Bureau of Labor Statistics report -- temporary services -- was actually revised up for both July and August.
|Jeffrey A. Joerres, chairman and chief executive officer of ManpowerGroup|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV