Solera Holdings (SLH) is a software firm that services the car insurance business, providing the tools that insurers need to process claims and manage repair records. While the niche nature of Solera's business initially seems limiting, the firm's dominance in the industry means that it has a defensible position, while international expansion provides growth opportunities.
One of the things that make Solera's business so attractive is its proprietary database. While the firm generates significant revenues on sales of its software, it's able to collect recurring sales for access to its massive database of data that help to prevent fraud and estimate costs -- Solera gets paid by the claim, which means that its revenue is a product of its clients' customer pools, not just Solera's number of clients. The firm has gone to great lengths to expand its offerings overseas; today, Europe contributes the majority of revenues, and expansion into new markets like India and China offer opportunities for meaningful growth in the near- to mid-term.Two weeks ago, management announced a 33.3% dividend increase that brings Solera's payout to 10 cents per quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV