Westlake Chemical Corporation
Westlake Chemical Corporation (WLK) is another mid-cap name that boosted its payouts to shareholders last week. The company announced a 16.14% increase that brings its quarterly dividend to 7.375 cents per share -- while the firm's 0.67% yield hardly makes it a core income holding, the fact that management is willing to part with extra cash in this market is telling.
Westlake produces basic chemicals, polymers, vinyl and PVC, an offering mix that give the company significant exposure to industrial production and the construction industry. Essentially, that means that Westlake benefits from higher levels of production in the broad economy, potentially scary exposure given the potential for a double-dip recession.That said, investors shouldn't be too quick to run from this name. Westlake currently has $712 million in cash and equivalents on its balance sheet, nearly enough cash in its coffers to offset its entire long-term debt load. Consistent cash flows and a P/E under 10 make this stock worth a second look despite that exposure. Payouts have room to grow.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV