ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Sept. 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- DISH Network L.L.C. announced tonight it will launch MLB Network, the 24-hour television network dedicated to baseball. Beginning tonight, MLB Network will be available on channel 153 to customers who subscribe to one of DISH Network's America's Top 200, DISH Latino Dos or MultiSport packages.
"With the pennant races heating up, DISH Network brings our customers wall-to-wall baseball coverage and MLB games in HD on MLB Network," said Dave Shull, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. "The addition of MLB Network makes DISH Network the place for fans to follow their favorite teams into the Postseason and keep up with the latest information on all 30 Major League Baseball clubs."
"We are excited to bring MLB Network and our award-winning high definition programming to DISH Network's customers," said Tony Petitti, president and CEO of MLB Network. "We have experienced an incredible year of growth and this partnership is in line with our goal to make MLB Network available as widely as possible."MLB Network debuts on DISH Network tonight with a game featuring two powerhouse clubs competing for the American League pennant: the New York Yankees against the Boston Red Sox tonight at 7:00 p.m. ET, live from Boston's Fenway Park with legendary sports announcer Bob Costas calling the game alongside former Yankees pitcher and award-winning broadcaster Jim Kaat. (Game subject to local blackout restrictions.) MLB Network provides unprecedented access to all 30 MLB clubs year-round, with more than 100 live regular season games, over 80 Spring Training Games, original programming, coverage of baseball events, like the National Baseball Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, and live studio programming, including its Emmy Award-winning signature daily show "MLB Tonight."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV