Invesco Closed-End Funds Declare High Dividends
NEW YORK (TheStreet Ratings) - On Thursday Invesco declared the monthly dividends that will be paid for 32 of their closed-end funds. These dividends have an ex-date of 9/13, record date of 9/15, and payable date of 9/30, offer compelling choices for investors searching for dividend yield.
The dividends for later months are not guaranteed. However, month-end dividend yields of 8.99% from Invesco High Yield Investments Fund (MSY), 8.66% from Invesco Van Kampen High Income Trust II (VLT), 7.91% from Invesco Van Kampen Dynamic Credit Opportunities Fund (VTA), 7.67% from Invesco Van Kampen Municipal Opportunity Trust (VMO), and 7.60% from Van Kampen Select Sector Municipal Trust (VKL) stand out from the pack.
These securities are not exchange-traded funds which tend to trade at prices close to their net asset value. When buying a closed-end fund, be sure to check the level of premium or discount to net asset value. Paying a premium can cut down your overall return while buying closed-end funds at a discount can add to your return as trading prices revert to net asset value over time.
-- Reported by Kevin Baker in Jupiter, Fla.
For additional Investment Research check out our Ratings Research Center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV