NEW YORK ( TheStreet Ratings) - On Thursday Invesco declared the monthly dividends that will be paid for 32 of their closed-end funds. These dividends have an ex-date of 9/13, record date of 9/15, and payable date of 9/30, offer compelling choices for investors searching for dividend yield.
The dividends for later months are not guaranteed. However, month-end dividend yields of 8.99% from Invesco High Yield Investments Fund (MSY), 8.66% from Invesco Van Kampen High Income Trust II (VLT), 7.91% from Invesco Van Kampen Dynamic Credit Opportunities Fund (VTA), 7.67% from Invesco Van Kampen Municipal Opportunity Trust (VMO), and 7.60% from Van Kampen Select Sector Municipal Trust (VKL) stand out from the pack.
These securities are not exchange-traded funds which tend to trade at prices close to their net asset value. When buying a closed-end fund, be sure to check the level of premium or discount to net asset value. Paying a premium can cut down your overall return while buying closed-end funds at a discount can add to your return as trading prices revert to net asset value over time.
-- Reported by Kevin Baker in Jupiter, Fla.
For additional Investment Research check out our Ratings Research Center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV