NEW YORK, Sept. 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Zweig Total Return Fund, Inc. (NYSE: ZTR), announced that its current monthly distribution will be $0.031 per share, payable on September 19, 2011, to shareholders of record on September 12, 2011 (ex-date September 8, 2011).
The distribution represents a cash yield of 10% on an annualized basis. Distributions may represent earnings from net investment income, capital gains, excess gains taxable as ordinary income or, if necessary, return of capital. The tax status of the Fund's distributions is determined at the end of the taxable year.
The Zweig Total Return Fund, Inc. is a closed-end fund with an investment objective to seek the highest total return, consisting of capital appreciation and current income, consistent with the preservation of capital. The Zweig closed-end funds are advised by Zweig Advisers LLC. For more information on the Fund, please contact shareholder services at 800.272.2700, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit us on the web at www.virtus.com.
SOURCE The Zweig Total Return Fund, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV