YAVNE, Israel, September 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
G. Willi-Food International Ltd. (NASDAQ: WILC ) (the " Company" or " Willi Food"), a global food company specializing in the development, manufacturing, marketing and international distribution of kosher foods, announced today that its Board of Directors has authorized a share repurchase program permitting the Company to repurchase up to $5 million of the Company's Ordinary Shares over the next twelve months.
The Ordinary Shares may be repurchased from time to time in open market transactions or privately negotiated transactions at the Company's discretion. The timing and amount of shares repurchased will be determined by the Company's management based on its evaluation of market conditions, the trading price of Willi Food shares and other factors, and subject to the restrictions relating to volume, price and timing under applicable law, including Rule 10b-18 under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The repurchase program may be increased, suspended or discontinued at any time.
"We are very pleased to announce this repurchase program to benefit shareholders at a time when we believe our share is undervalued," said Willi Food Chairman Zwi Williger. "The initiation of our share repurchase program reflects our confidence in our business and the long-term potential for Willi Food and our commitment to maximize shareholder value," he added.The share repurchase program was approved by the Company's Board of Directors as part of its ongoing consideration of alternative methods to take advantage of the Company's strong cash position. The Board of Directors believes that a share repurchase program at this time is in the best interests of the Company and its shareholders, and will not impact the Company's ability to execute its growth plans.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV