U.S. Global Investors, Inc. (Nasdaq: GROW), a boutique registered investment adviser specializing in natural resources and emerging markets, and the World Gold Council (WGC), the global authority on gold, will host an upcoming webcast titled A Case for Gold Investing . The webcast will be held on Tuesday, September 6, 2011, at 4:15pm ET (3:15pm CT).
“Gold’s naysayers have been calling gold a bubble since prices reached $500 an ounce,” says Frank Holmes, U.S. Global Investors CEO and chief investment officer. “Those people are underestimating the Love Trade, one of gold’s key drivers, which is burning bright in Asia.”
The special web event will feature Frank Holmes and Jason Toussaint, managing director of the U.S. and Investment for the WGC.
- Indian and Chinese gold demand grew 38 percent and 25 percent, respectively, on a year-over-year basis during the second quarter. The WGC says, “This growth is likely to continue, due to increasing levels of economic prosperity, high levels of inflation and forthcoming key gold purchasing festivals.”
- The quarterly average gold price rose 26 percent during the second quarter.
- Global jewelry demand reached 442.5 tons during the second quarter, up 6 percent from a year ago.
- Demand for gold bars and coins increased 4 percent on a year-over-year basis during the second quarter.
- The economic factors affecting gold and gold equities
- Historical and seasonal patterns affecting gold
- Current trends in jewelry, industrial and investment demand
- How gold and gold equities can be an integral part of your portfolio
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV