New York Slideshow: 9/11 and After
Aug. 24 1997
Manhattan skyline including the World Trade Center Aug. 24, 1997.
Eight years before the 9/11 attacks, Kuwati Ramzi Yousef with the help of a group of conspirators detonated a more than 1,000 lb car bomb on Feb. 26, 1993 in the parking garage of the North Tower. The explosion killed six people and injured 1,042 and the blast crater measured 130 feet wide and 150 long. The blast released a significant amount of smoke up the North Tower, but the damage was fixed and was not a major concern to the building's infrastructure.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV