5. Red Hat (RHT)
Company Profile: Red Hat provides open-source software services, such as Red Hat Linux, to companies.Average Return Since 2001: 9% Best September Performance: +37.9% in 2003 Worst September Performance: -28.2% in 2008 Analysts Ratings: Eighteen researchers, or 72% of those covering the stock, rate Red Hat a "buy," including analysts at Wells Fargo, Citigroup, and Stifel Nicolaus. Another five analysts have a "hold" rating on the stock, while two researchers have a "sell" rating on shares. The average price target of $48.05 is about 22% above current levels.
4. Google (GOOG) Company Profile: Google is the iconic Internet search and advertising tech giant. The company also builds Web applications and software, including the Chrome Web browser and the Android mobile operating system for handsets and tablet computers. Average Return Since 2004: 9.2% Best September Performance: +26.6% in 2004 Worst September Performance: -13.5% in 2008 Analysts Ratings: Google is massively popular with analysts, garnering 38 "buy" ratings from firms like Jefferies, Piper Jaffray and Stifel Nicolaus. The only other four analysts covering the stock say investors should hold on to shares. Google shares have underperformed the broader market, falling 10% this year, but analysts on average expect the stock to climb 34% from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV