9. Flir Systems (FLIR)
Company Profile: Flir Systems makes thermal-imaging systems, night vision and infrared camera systems. The company's products are used in a variety of applications in commercial, industrial and government markets worldwide.Average Return Since 2001: 6.8% Best September Performance: +45.5% in 2001 Worst September Performance: -8.4% in 2004 Analysts Ratings: Analysts are split on Flir, although none recommend that investors dump the stock. Eight research firms, including BB&T Capital and Lazard Capital, say investors should buy shares. Another nine say investors should hold onto the stock. The average price target of $32.30 represents upside of 25%.
8. BlackRock (BLK) Company Profile: BlackRock is one of the country's largest investment managers. Average Return Since 2001: 7.1% Best September Performance: +19.9% in 2010 Worst September Performance: -10.5% in 2008 Analysts Ratings: Fifteen analysts, or 79% of those following the stock, say BlackRock shares are a "buy." Those firms include Credit Agricole and Wells Fargo. Another three say investors should hold onto shares, while one lone analyst says investors should sell the stock. The average price target of $217.21 means analysts expect the stock to rise an average of 31% from current levels.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts