9. Flir Systems (FLIR)
Company Profile: Flir Systems makes thermal-imaging systems, night vision and infrared camera systems. The company's products are used in a variety of applications in commercial, industrial and government markets worldwide.Average Return Since 2001: 6.8% Best September Performance: +45.5% in 2001 Worst September Performance: -8.4% in 2004 Analysts Ratings: Analysts are split on Flir, although none recommend that investors dump the stock. Eight research firms, including BB&T Capital and Lazard Capital, say investors should buy shares. Another nine say investors should hold onto the stock. The average price target of $32.30 represents upside of 25%.
8. BlackRock (BLK) Company Profile: BlackRock is one of the country's largest investment managers. Average Return Since 2001: 7.1% Best September Performance: +19.9% in 2010 Worst September Performance: -10.5% in 2008 Analysts Ratings: Fifteen analysts, or 79% of those following the stock, say BlackRock shares are a "buy." Those firms include Credit Agricole and Wells Fargo. Another three say investors should hold onto shares, while one lone analyst says investors should sell the stock. The average price target of $217.21 means analysts expect the stock to rise an average of 31% from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV