WASHINGTON (MainStreet) -- SCORE, the Small Business Association's resource partner dedicated to mentoring entrepreneurs, has announced winners in six categories for its third annual awards highlighting small business and entrepreneurial excellence.
SCORE will present the awards Sept. 15 at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, D.C.
This year the association named winners to six categories:
- Outstanding minority-owned small business: C. Ray Kennedy, American Product Distributors, Charlotte, N.C.
- Outstanding small business launched by an individual older than 50: Gary Bickford, Healthy Life Clinic, Knoxville, Tenn.
- Outstanding veteran-owned small business: Dolly Garnecki, Spinal Health & Wellness, Charlottesville, Va.
- Outstanding woman-owned small business: Rachel Weeks, School House, Durham, N.C
- Outstanding socially progressive business: Patricia Walker, East Cooper Meals on Wheels, Mount Pleasant, S.C.
And the newest category:
- Outstanding nonprofit organization: Lynn Rippey, Young Adult Development in Action -- Youthbuild, Louisville, Ky.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV