WASHINGTON (MainStreet) -- SCORE, the Small Business Association's resource partner dedicated to mentoring entrepreneurs, has announced winners in six categories for its third annual awards highlighting small business and entrepreneurial excellence.
SCORE will present the awards Sept. 15 at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, D.C.
This year the association named winners to six categories:
- Outstanding minority-owned small business: C. Ray Kennedy, American Product Distributors, Charlotte, N.C.
- Outstanding small business launched by an individual older than 50: Gary Bickford, Healthy Life Clinic, Knoxville, Tenn.
- Outstanding veteran-owned small business: Dolly Garnecki, Spinal Health & Wellness, Charlottesville, Va.
- Outstanding woman-owned small business: Rachel Weeks, School House, Durham, N.C
- Outstanding socially progressive business: Patricia Walker, East Cooper Meals on Wheels, Mount Pleasant, S.C.
And the newest category:
- Outstanding nonprofit organization: Lynn Rippey, Young Adult Development in Action -- Youthbuild, Louisville, Ky.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV