1. M/I Homes is a builder of single-family homes.
Relative to the year-ago quarter, the companyâ¿¿s selling, general and administrative expenses improved during the second quarter of 2011 to generate an eighth straight quarter of positive adjusted EBITDA. Adjusted operating gross margin improved 70 bps, sequentially.
New contracts for 2011 second quarter were up 5% to 635 from 602 in the same quarter last year. During the quarter, M/I opened four new communities and expanded presence in Texas through the acquisition of San Antonio-based TriStone Homes.The company generated positive cash flows from its operations during the quarter with cash balance of $114 million and net debt to net capital ratio of 0.37. All analysts polled by Bloomberg rate the stock a buy, and the average analyst price target implies the stock could gain 148% over the next year. Shares currently trade with a P/E of 20, based on 2012 earnings estimates.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV