4. Owens Corning is a manufacturer of glass fiber reinforcements and building materials for residential and commercial use.
During the second quarter of 2011, net sales grew 5.3% to $1.45 billion from $1.37 billion in the second quarter of 2010. Earnings before taxes were $107 million compared with $94 million in the second quarter of 2010.
Commenting on the financials, Mike Thaman, Owens Corningâ¿¿s CEO, said, "Given the performance of our portfolio, we have increased our 2011 estimate for EBIT to $500 million or more. This translates into adjusted earnings per share growth of more than 40% vs. 2010.â¿On average, analysts expect the stock to rise to $44.80 in the next 12 months, 55% greater than current levels. Fifty-seven percent of analysts have buy ratings on the stock, which is trading with a P/E of 10, based on 2012 earnings estimates.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV