5. Ryland Group engages in the business of homebuilding and mortgage finance. The company operates through four regional segments: north, southeast, Texas and west.
Housing gross profit margins averaged 14.5% from 15.9% in the second quarter of 2010. Net loss for the second quarter of 2011 was $10.7 million, including pretax charges of $5.8 million related to inventory and write-offs. For the same period in 2010, net loss was $21.8 million.
Active communities increased to 219 compared to 181 communities for the quarter ended Mar. 2011. Backlog increased 20.3% to 1,646 units from 1,368 units in the same quarter of 2010. Cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities stood at $613.5 million at the end the quarter.The average price target of analysts covering the stock is $17.10, 44% greater than recent levels. Forty-seven percent of analysts covering the stock give it a buy rating. Shares are trading with a P/E of 30, based on 2012 earnings estimates.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV