The Associated Press
Among the earnings stories for Wednesday, Aug. 31, from AP Business News:
â¿¿ Brown-Forman Corp. said Wednesday its first-quarter profit rose 6 percent as its flagship Jack Daniel's lineup posted double-digit revenue growth and the liquor company posted strong sales overseas.
â¿¿ Mining equipment maker Joy Global Inc. said its fiscal third-quarter earnings jumped 46 percent, as overseas appetite for commodities including copper, coal and iron ore continued to drive mining projects in the U.S.â¿¿ Jewelry company Zale Corp. reported that its fiscal fourth-quarter loss widened despite higher revenue. â¿¿ Genesco Inc. said its second-quarter loss narrowed as it saw big revenue gains from its Journeys shoe and Lids hat stores and an acquisition. The retailer also raised its fiscal 2012 earnings forecast. â¿¿ Vera Bradley Inc.'s net income climbed 48 percent in its fiscal second quarter as shoppers snapped up its fall products. â¿¿ JoS. A. Bank Clothiers Inc.'s fiscal second-quarter net income rose 25 percent, buoyed by better sales of its menswear.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV