CORPUS CHRISTI, TX, Aug. 31, 2011 /PRNewswire/ - Uranium Energy Corp (NYSE-AMEX: UEC, "UEC" or the "Company") is pleased to announce that it has entered into a definitive purchase and sale agreement with Uranium One Inc. which provides for the acquisition by the Company of a South Texas uranium database package (the "Database") from Uranium One.
This strategic Database is to be acquired for a value of $900,000, comprised of $400,000 in cash and 159,236 common shares of the Company at a price of $3.14, and will significantly advance the Company's ongoing exploration efforts in South Texas. The Database contains over 40 uranium targets that the Company plans to evaluate.
The Database is an evaluation of the uranium potential within the Goliad Formation located along the South Texas Uranium Belt, an area extending from south of Houston to the Mexican border. The Company's Palangana, Goliad, Salvo and Nichols projects are all within the Goliad Formation. The study encompasses an area approximately the size of Pennsylvania.
Amir Adnani, President and CEO, stated, "UEC's Hobson processing plant forms the basis of our regional production strategy in South Texas and is located in the area of study, making this Database particularly useful for us. UEC is incorporating this Database and the associated acquisition and exploration targets into its ongoing efforts to develop additional uranium sources for processing at the Hobson plant."The acquisition of this data fits into Uranium Energy Corp's strategy of targeting properties for acquisition that have already been the subject of significant exploration and development by senior energy companies in the past.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV