SemGroup ® Corporation (NYSE: SEMG) today announced that it intends to contribute its SemStream ®, L.P. business into NGL Energy Partners LP (NYSE: NGL) in exchange for cash and equity interests. The transaction is expected to enhance SemGroup’s investment in natural gas liquids, create additional opportunities for growth and strengthen SemGroup’s financial profile through increased earnings. The combination is expected to improve the stability of cash flow from this segment due to the fee-based structure of NGL Energy Partners’ business.
The transaction is structured as a contribution of SemStream assets, excluding SemStream Arizona Propane, L.L.C., to NGL Energy Partners in exchange for the following:
- 8.95 million common units of NGL Energy Partners representing a one third stake in limited partnership (estimated market value $179 million assuming $20 per unit); this includes $25 million attributable to working capital
- 7.5 percent interest in the General Partner of NGL Energy Partners,
- cash payment of up to $100,000,000 for working capital that is subject to adjustment
- SemGroup will have two seats on the board of directors of the general partner of NGL Energy Partners.
“This transaction is the latest in a series of strategic initiatives designed to maximize the value of our assets and enhance our ability to grow the Company,” said Norman Szydlowski, SemGroup President and Chief Executive Officer. “We believe SemStream and NGL have complementary assets and competencies that will create significant operating synergies and growth opportunities. In addition, the transaction will free up debt capacity, enhancing SemGroup’s ability to pursue future growth in its other business units and through potential acquisitions.”
Szydlowski added: “In the past two months we have announced the closing of a new, lower-cost $625 million credit facility, the formation of Rose Rock Midstream, L.P., a master limited partnership to monetize certain assets from our SemCrude division and now the SemStream transaction. These transactions are part of our larger strategic initiative to ensure that we have the right mix of assets and financial strength to participate in what we believe is an exciting and growing opportunity from the resurgent production of oil and natural gas in North America.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV