Harwood Feffer LLP Announces Investigation Of Venoco Inc.
Harwood Feffer LLP ( www.hfesq.com) is investigating potential claims against the board of directors of Venoco, Inc. ("Venoco" or the "Company") (NYSE: VQ) concerning the proposed acquisition of the Company by the Company’s CEO and Chairman, Timothy Marquez in a transaction valued at approximately $382 million.
On August 29, 2011, it was announced that Marquez, who currently holds approximately 50.3% of the company’s stock, has offered $12.50 per share for the remaining outstanding shares. The Company’s shares have traded as high as $22.22 as recently as February 2, 2011 and at least one analyst has set a target for the stock of $22.00. Our investigation concerns whether the board of directors is undertaking a fair process, adequately shopping the Company, and disclosing all material information to shareholders before taking any action in connection with the proposed transaction.
If you own shares of Venoco and would like to learn more about these claims or if you wish to discuss this matter and have any questions or information concerning this announcement, please contact Daniella Quitt, Esq. at email@example.com or Benjamin Sachs-Michaels at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call them at (877) 935-7400. For more information about class actions, or to sign up online, please visit our website: www.hfesq.com.
Harwood Feffer LLP is a national shareholder litigation firm. Harwood Feffer LLP is devoted to protecting the interests of individual and institutional investors in shareholder actions in state and federal courts nationwide.Attorney Advertising. © 2011 Harwood Feffer LLP. The law firm responsible for this advertisement is Harwood Feffer LLP ( www.hfesq.com). Prior results do not guarantee or predict a similar outcome with respect to any future matter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV