2. El Paso Pipeline Partners (EPB) owns and operates natural gas transportation pipelines and storage assets in the U.S.
Net income in the second quarter came in at $98 million, up 56% from the corresponding quarter of 2010. Adjusted EBITDA was robust, growing 43% to $238 million.
"Our portfolio of high-quality assets continues to grow through acquisitions and expansions. During the quarter, we completed the acquisition of additional interests in CIG and SNG, and now own 100 percent of SNG. We also placed into service additional expansion projects which brings our total to fourteen in less than three years. Our successful acquisitions and expansions have enabled us to deliver consistent distribution growth, as we have increased quarterly distributions every quarter since our IPO in 2007," said Jim Yardley, the company's CEODuring the first half of 2011, the company's capital expenditure was $88 million. The stock has 93% buy rating and is likely to return 16% over the next one year. It is trading at 16 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV