4. Halliburton (HAL) is an oil-field services company providing services and products for the exploration, development and production of oil and natural gas.
Net income for the second quarter of 2011 was reported at $747 million, vs. 483 million in the first quarter prior year. Consolidated revenue improved to $5.9 billion from $4.4 billion in the same quarter last year. Operating income increased to $1.2 billion from $762 million in the June quarter of 2010 on the improving pricing environment and higher equipment utilization.
On the geographies that delivered strong performance, Dave Lesar, the company's CEO, said, "North America revenue grew by 16% sequentially compared to United States rig activity growth of 6%, with incremental operating margins of greater than 50% for both divisions. International revenue grew 8% from the prior quarter, with 18% operating income growth, excluding the impact of Libya and employee separation costs. Strong sequential operating income improvement was driven by seasonal recovery in the North Sea and Russia as well as improved activity in Latin America and Asia."At the end of the quarter, cash balance was $1.4 billion. With analysts' buy ratings of 92% and upside potential of 68%, the stock looks a good bet over the next one year. It is trading at 12.8 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV