5. Schlumberger (SLB) is a supplier of technology, integrated project management and information solutions to the oil and gas industry.
Net revenue for the second quarter of 2011 was $9.6 billion compared to $5.9 billion in the same quarter prior year. Revenue from oilfield services grew 51% year-over-year in the June quarter, contributing 90% towards revenue.
Net income stood at $1.18 billion, up 22% from the same quarter in 2010.The company repurchased shares worth $700 million during the quarter. The stock's key growth drivers in 2011 are technology upgrades required for exploration and deepwater operations. Surging oil prices could support additional drilling activity in North America and the Middle East, led by Saudi Arabia and Iraq. The stock has analysts' buy ratings of 89% and is likely to return 50% in the next one year. The scrip is trading at 14 times its estimated 2012 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV