5. Schlumberger (SLB) is a supplier of technology, integrated project management and information solutions to the oil and gas industry.
Net revenue for the second quarter of 2011 was $9.6 billion compared to $5.9 billion in the same quarter prior year. Revenue from oilfield services grew 51% year-over-year in the June quarter, contributing 90% towards revenue.
Net income stood at $1.18 billion, up 22% from the same quarter in 2010.The company repurchased shares worth $700 million during the quarter. The stock's key growth drivers in 2011 are technology upgrades required for exploration and deepwater operations. Surging oil prices could support additional drilling activity in North America and the Middle East, led by Saudi Arabia and Iraq. The stock has analysts' buy ratings of 89% and is likely to return 50% in the next one year. The scrip is trading at 14 times its estimated 2012 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV