NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Energy XXI (Bermuda) (EXXI), Halliburton (HAL), Chevron (CVX), El Paso Pipeline Partners (EPB), Complete Production Services (CPX), Sinopec (SNP), Schlumberger (SLB) and InterOil Corporation (IOC) have up to 100% buy ratings, as per a Bloomberg consensus estimate.
Improved consumer spending has eased the concerns of declining demand for oil from the world's largest economy. Crude oil gained over 2% to settle at two-week highs with WTI prices hovering at around $87.3 per barrel at close Monday. Oil prices firmed during the last one week, getting a push from Hurricane Irene.
These eight stocks from the energy sector could generate a mean return of 47% over the next one year. They have outperformed the Dow in the last one year gaining 34% compared to the latter's 14% increase. The stocks are arranged in the ascending order of buy ratings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV