MORTON GROVE, Ill., Aug. 30, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Food fashionista alert! New low-cal, low-fat Lifeway Frozen Kefir will be arriving in style at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Spring 2012 Collections in New York from September 8-15 courtesy of Lifeway Foods, Inc. (Nasdaq: LWAY). Over 25,000 free samples of the extra-healthy, 90-calories-per-serving Frozen Kefir will be distributed throughout the week in multiple Lincoln Center locations – including a first-ever pop-up Lifeway Frozen Kefir Cafe in the main event lobby.
Lifeway Frozen Kefir is a slim-and-trim ice cream alternative with roughly half the calories of frozen yogurt, up to three times more live immunity-building probiotic cultures, and a rapidly growing presence in grocery freezer aisles around the country including Whole Foods, Wegmans, Food Emporium and Kroger. Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week attendees will find it on-site at:
- A sleek and modern pop-up kefir cafe in the event lobby at Lincoln Center from 9am-9pm on Friday, September 9, serving strawberry, mango, pomegranate and original flavors with choose-your-own toppings like strawberries, blueberries, sprinkles and chocolate chips.
- Two pass-the-frozen-kefir events in the event lobby from 6-7 pm on Saturday, September 10, and 7-8 pm on Sunday, September 11, where Lifeway ambassadors will hand out single-serve portions for after-dinner snacks.
- Five Lifeway freezers (two in the Lobby and three backstage for models, press and backstage guests), which will be stocked with 3.6-oz. single-serve portions for an anytime pick-me-up during the whole week.
Lifeway will also supply 25,000 free samples of drinkable Lifeway Lowfat Kefir – a smoothie-like beverage with the same probiotic punch as its frozen counterpart – in a reprise of its debut at the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Fall 2011 Collections last February. Single-serve 3.5-oz. strawberry, blueberry and pomegranate varieties will be offered for breakfast in the lobby on Saturday, September 10 and Sunday, September 11. The grab-and-go containers will also be available in Lifeway refrigerators throughout the week.
For attendees and passersby who want to prove that they rubbed shoulders with fashion greats like Michael Kors, Diane von Furstenberg, and Vera Wang (or at least pretend they did), Lifeway is also offering free photos with Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week/Lifeway-captioned borders at a Photoboxi digital photo booth all day on Friday, September 9. Snapshots can be instantly uploaded to users' email, Facebook and/or Twitter accounts to broadcast the "I was there!" news to friends, family and colleagues."Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week is a place for tastemakers, and not just in the apparel department. These people are always watching for new trends as well as watching their waistlines," said Julie Smolyansky, President and CEO of Lifeway Foods. "Our kefir products are a perfect fit. We proved that seven months ago when our drinkable kefir flew off the shelf during the Fall 2011 Collection shows, and that's why we're returning with both drinkable and frozen kefir. It's great exposure to body- and health-conscious consumers who may not know what kefir is but become converts as soon as they take a sip or a scoop." About Lifeway Foods, Inc. Lifeway Foods, Inc. (LWAY), recently named one of Fortune Small Business' Fastest Growing Companies for the fifth consecutive year, is America's leading supplier of the cultured dairy products known as kefir and organic kefir. Lifeway Kefir is a dairy beverage that contains ten exclusive live and active probiotic cultures plus ProBoost™. While most regular yogurt contains only two or three of the "friendly" cultures, Lifeway Kefir products offer greater nutritional benefits and support a healthier life. Lifeway produces various different flavors of its drinkable Kefir and Organic Kefir beverage, and recently introduced Lifeway Frozen Kefir as well as a children's line of Organic Kefir called ProBugs™ with a no-spill pouch and kid-friendly flavors like Goo Berry Pie and Strawnana Split. The company also produces a variety of probiotic cheese products and sells frozen kefir, kefir smoothies and kefir parfaits through its Starfruit™ retail stores. For more information, visit www.lifeway.net or www.starfruitcafe.com. Lifestyle Press Contact: Cassandra Bowmank101 Agency260.609.3770 email@example.com Business/Trade Press Contact: Erin O'Connor firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Lifeway Foods, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV