ECB Reports Limited Damage From Hurricane Irene
ECB Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ: ECBE) (“ECB” or the “Company”), the parent company of East Carolina Bank (the “Bank”), reported that their doors were open on Monday to service the needs of their customers at 22 of their 25 office locations, after Hurricane Irene made landfall in eastern NC early Saturday morning.
East Carolina Bank operates 25 offices in eastern NC from Currituck to Ocean Isle Beach and Greenville to Hatteras, which is the same area of NC that Hurricane Irene’s path tracked this past weekend . ECB’s team focused on preparing their office locations to shoulder the storm last Thursday and Friday while various communities issued mandatory evacuations. “The safety of our associates and their families was of primary importance to us as ECB prepared for Irene’s arrival. As early as Friday, we relocated key personnel to our Greenville market to ensure business continuity after the hurricane. Our customer call center was operational during the weekend to assist our customers, and our website was updated with pertinent information related to our office locations,” reported James Burson, EVP and Chief Revenue Officer.
Dwight Utz, President & CEO stated, “Our disaster preparedness and recovery plan was activated and management from across our organization met at intervals throughout the weekend to ensure that each component of our plan was positioned for execution. The post disaster and recovery process has been executed with precision and placed ECB in the position to open our doors on Monday in order to service the special needs of our small business clients and individual customers post Hurricane Irene. Certainly we are most grateful that all of our associates and their families remained safe during the hurricane.”
All offices of ECB are open normal business hours, with the exception of Avon and Fairfield which will be open as soon as possible.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV