Today at VMworld® 2011, Accenture and VMware announced an expansion of their existing relationship with a technology agreement to perform the joint development, marketing and delivery of a customized set of solutions initially focused on three areas. The expanded relationship is designed to help clients accelerate adoption of cloud computing technologies by providing guidance on how to optimize information technology (IT) processes within the enterprise and educate clients on new best practices.
Each solution is intended to help organizations improve IT efficiencies through increased business agility, automation and simplicity while reducing costs. These solutions will be driven by Accenture’s IT and business transformation expertise coupled with VMware’s innovative product suite. Here’s a description of the three solutions announced today:
- Transforming Operations for Virtualization (TOV) – This solution is designed to help organizations overcome challenges encountered when virtualizing data centers. These challenges, including organizational structures not aligned to the virtual environment and lack of enterprise operational tools and capabilities to manage the virtual environment, prevent some businesses from realizing the unprecedented capital savings, agility and flexibility offered by virtualization. One immediate benefit of TOV is a potential increase in the virtualization adoption rate to more than 50 percent throughout the enterprise. This is noteworthy because the adoption rate in many data centers has been hovering at 25-30 percent. With the recent announcement of VMware vSphere® 5 and cloud infrastructure suite, this goal is more achievable than ever.
- Application Enablement (AE) - By leveraging VMware vFabric™, this solution enables organizations to optimize the performance of aging and high-cost application portfolios. This is important because 70 percent of a typical organization’s transactions run on legacy applications. Using Accenture’s proven methodologies and delivery expertise, specialists help transform aging applications by optimizing the application portfolio, moving aging applications to newer hardware platforms and other applications to more agile development frameworks. By doing so, organizations reduce the cost of their application portfolio and provide the business with greater agility and flexibility.
- Cloud Strategy Enablement (CSE) - This solution enables organizations to understand how cloud computing will impact them. It does this by, among other things, quantifying the cloud strategy and developing a realistic roadmap to achieve it. With deep knowledge of cloud technologies, Accenture provides organizations with an achievable roadmap to adopt cloud computing with confidence by utilizing solutions that support business needs while remaining flexible enough to adjust to changes in the market.
Accenture and VMware enjoy a strong track record of working together, with more than seven years of experience delivering proven project methodologies and measurable results. The offerings announced today grew out of that joint experience.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV