- Permits for Drilling Program and Test Facility - Li3 has obtained all necessary permits for the seismic and drilling programs and for construction of the test facility.
- Seismic Survey and Modeling - Li3 has selected Geophysical Exploration & Consulting S.A. to perform a high resolution p-wave seismic refraction tomography survey. Estimated completion date: 4th Quarter 2011.
- Core Sample Drilling - Li3 is in the final selection process of selecting a contractor to perform sonic core sample drilling program. Estimated completion date: 4th Quarter 2011.
- Well Drilling - Li3 has selected Rock Drilling S.A. a Chilean company specialized in exploring and constructing water wells in all type of terrains, RC drilling, and on the rehabilitation of deep wells for water uptake. Estimated completion date: 4th Quarter 2011.
- Pump Test Program – Li3 plans to conduct pump tests to evaluate the hydraulic parameters of the salar and supply large quantities of production well brine for testing, to stress the salar aquifer and to measure hydraulic response. Estimated completion date: 4th Quarter 2011.
- Laboratory Process Simulation - Li3 has selected the Science and Technology Research Center for Mining ("CICITEM") at the University of Antofagasta in Antofagasta, Chile, for the purpose of simulating two potential process routes and generating laboratory scale quantities of the lithium carbonate product. Estimated completion date: 1st Quarter 2012.
- Salar Test Facility - Li3 has selected Mr. Peter Ehren, MSc, AusIMM of Ehren-Gonzalez Limitada, a TSX qualified person, to prepare a development program for the Maricunga project. Li3 plans to construct a test facility near the salar to collect data. Estimated completion date: 1st Quarter 2012.
- Laboratory Testing of R3 Fusion Technology - Li3 has begun exclusively evaluating a patented technology from R3 Fusion, Inc. This technology is designed to separate and recover pure water from highly concentrated brine solutions using process intensification techniques. Estimated completion date of first evaluation: 1st Quarter 2012.
- Environmental Impact Study (EIS) - Li3 plans to hire a qualified environmental services firm to assist in the development and preparation of all documents required for the permitting of a commercial production facility utilizing brine from the project. Estimated receipt of permits: 4th Quarter 2012.
- Measured and Indicated NI 43-101 Resource Evaluation - Li3 has retained Mr. Don Hains, P. Geo. of Hains Technology Associates, a TSX qualified person, who developed the NI 43-101 Technical Report on Salar de Maricunga Lithium Project. Mr. Hains will supervise the work program with the objective to upgrade the Maricunga project resource from a Property of Merit to a Measured/Indicated Resource project. Estimated completion date: 1st Quarter 2012.
- Property Acquisition and Improvement - Li3 Energy is continuously evaluating more properties to acquire adjacent to the Project, as the Company seeks to expand its land package in the area. Li3 will also need to acquire additional properties for its processing site and also plans to improve the Project site infrastructure, camp, and property.
Li3 Energy Establishes $18 Million Exploration And Development Plan
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.