Margaret Pederson, president of Amirexx LLC, a consulting firm focused on exhibitions, conferences, events and media, has been elected to the board of directors of Viad Corp (NYSE:VVI) as was announced by Paul B. Dykstra, Viad's chairman, president and chief executive officer.
Dykstra said, "We are honored to have Margaret Pederson join our distinguished board of directors. Margaret’s wealth of expertise and accomplishments in the exhibitions and events industry are tremendous, and we know that her insight and experience will be an asset to our board of directors."
Pederson has nearly 30 years of experience in the exhibitions and events industry, having served as president of the Penton Exhibitions group of Penton Media for nine years, and at Reed Exhibitions, where she held various roles from 1983 to 1999. She also served as Chairman of the Board for both the International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE), an international association representing trade show and exposition managers, from 2008 to 2009, and for the Society of Independent Show Organizers (SISO) from 2004 to 2005.
Pederson holds a bachelor of arts degree from the University of Virginia and a master of business administration degree from Harvard University. She also serves as a managing director of Golden Seeds Fund LP, an investment group dedicated to investing in early and growth stage companies founded and/or led by women in media, technology, health sciences and consumer goods.About Viad Viad is an S&P SmallCap 600 company. Viad operates through its Marketing & Events Group, comprised of Global Experience Specialists, Inc. and affiliates, and its Travel & Recreation Group, comprised of Brewster and Glacier Park, Inc. For more information, visit the company's Web site at www.viad.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV