Analyst Upgrades Insituform Technologies To 'buy'
The Associated Press
Shares of Insituform Technologies Inc. rose Monday after a Janney Capital Markets analyst said the pipeline company's European and Asia Pacific sewer rehabilitation businesses are well-positioned to contribute to a strong second half.
THE SPARK: Analyst Liam D. Burke also said in a note to clients that the Chesterfield, Mo., company will benefit from its energy and mining business.
Most of Insituform's business is generated in North America, and the analyst is concerned about margin pressure created by its product mix in North America, though he said it has identified growth opportunities outside the United States including in the Middle East."We are expecting margins to return to more normal levels as product mix improves and the company begins to generate revenues in geographies where they have made significant up-front investments," Burke wrote. THE ANALYSIS: Burke upgraded shares of Insituform to "buy" from "neutral" and said the company's stock price â¿¿ at slightly more than 11 times his 2011 earnings per share estimate â¿¿ is trading below the low end of its historical price-to-earnings multiples. That means that investors who buy now are paying less for each dollar in profits. SHARE ACTION: Rose 6.3 percent, or 97 cents, to $16.28 in afternoon trading, while broader trading indexes climbed 1.9 percent or more. They have traded between $13.01 and $30 the past year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV