Nutrition and weight loss product maker HerbaLife said Aug. 1 it will pay shareholders a quarterly dividend of 20 cents per share, payable on Aug. 29 to holders of record on Aug. 15. That gives HerbaLife a yield of around 1.5%.
Not all consumer stocks have raised their dividends, but many maintained the cash they paid their shareholders recently.
Home improvement retailers Lowe's (LOW) and Home Depot (HD) maintained their quarterly dividends of 14 cents and 25 cents per share, respectively; Kraft Foods (KFT), Tyson Foods (TSN) and Hershey (HSY) maintained their quarterly dividends of 29 cents, 4 cents and 34.5 cents per share, respectively; media companies CBS (CBS) and Time Warner (TWX) maintained their quarterly payouts of 10 cents and 23.5 cents per share, respectively; and restaurant operators Starbucks (SBUX) and Wendy's (WEN) maintained their quarterly dividends of 13 cents and 2 cents per share, respectively.
Elsewhere recently, The Gap (GPS), Macy's (M), Safeway (SWY), Marriott International (MAR), United Parcel Service (UPS), 3M (MMM), Newell Rubbermaid (NWL), Coach (COH), Avon Products (AVP) and Kimberly Clark (KMB) all maintained their dividend payments.--Written by Miriam Marcus Reimer in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Miriam Reimer. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/miriamsmarket. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
>>See our new stock quote page.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV