On Monday, Brinker International, the parent company of Chili's Grill & Bar and Maggiano's Little Italy restaurants, said its board of directors approved a 14.3% increase to its quarterly dividend. It will pay 16 cents a share on Sept. 29 to shareholders of record as of Sept. 9. That brings Brinker's yield to around 2.8% going forward.
Cigarette maker Altria Group said Friday it would increase its regular quarterly dividend by 7.9% to 41 cents per share, payable on Oct. 11 to holders of record on Sept. 15. That will bring Altria's yield to around 6.1%.On Aug. 16, restaurateur Bob Evans Farms (BOBE) raised its quarterly payout by 25% to 25 cents per share. The company also posted a 42% spike in quarterly profits on lower wage costs. Bob Evans' higher dividend will be paid on Sept. 19 to shareholders of record on Sept. 6, bringing its yield to around 3.1%. Earlier this month on Aug. 10 media company News Corp. said it would pay holders of its Class A and Class B shares 9.5 cents per share on Oct. 19, reflecting an ordinary dividend of 8.5 cents and an incremental penny per share based on its fiscal 2011 financial results. That brings News Corp.'s yield to around 1.2% going forward.
Scotts Miracle-Gro (SMG), the maker of lawn and garden care products, said Aug. 8 it increased its dividend by 20% to 30 cents per share. The higher dividend will be paid on Sept. 9 to shareholders of record on Aug. 26. Scotts' yield is now around 2.5%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV