On Tap Today: Jittery Market Gets Retail Sales, PPI Reports
Also today, the September retail sales report and the September Producer Price Index -- both key economic indicators with the capacity to move markets -- are released.
Expected Earnings ReportsThis table includes S&P 500 companies only. Dates are as expected according to First Call/Thomson Financial, and may change.
|Friday, Oct. 13|
|Automatic Data Processing (AUD)||1Q||$ 0.23|
|Boise Cascade (BCC)||3Q||$ 0.74|
|W.W. Grainger* (GWW)||3Q||$ 0.49|
|USA Education* (SLM)||3Q||$ 0.67|
Economic Data(Forecasts are from Reuters. Times are Eastern. For a longer-term economic calendar and more, see TSC's Economic Databank.)
- 8:30 a.m.: Retail Sales for September. Source: Census Bureau. Forecast: +0.6%. Previous: +0.2%. Ex-autos. Forecast: +0.5%. Previous: +0.3%. 8:30 a.m.: Producer Price Index for September. Source: Labor Department. Forecast: +0.5%. Previous: +0.3%. Ex-food and energy. Forecast: +0.1%. Previous: +0.1%. 10 a.m.: Consumer Sentiment Index for October. Source: University of Michigan. Forecast: 106.3. Previous: 106.8.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV