NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The ex-dividend date for Compass Minerals International (NYSE:CMP) is tomorrow, August 30, 2011. Owners of shares as of market close today will be eligible for a dividend of 45 cents per share. At a price of $75.39 as of 9:35 a.m. ET, the dividend yield is 2.5%. The average volume for Compass Minerals International has been 297,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Compass Minerals International has a market cap of $2.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are down 16.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Compass Minerals International, Inc., through its subsidiaries, produces and markets inorganic mineral products primarily in North America and the United Kingdom. The company operates in two segments, Salt and Specialty Fertilizer. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.1, equal to the average metals & mining industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- Practice your dividend trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
Latest Headlines about CMP
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV