Dell Cloud with VMware vCloud Datacenter Services includes several options for customers:
- Public - Dell Cloud with VMware vCloud Datacenter Service is an enterprise-class, secure offer of Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IAAS) hosted in a secure Dell datacenter. This service provides access to vCPUs, memory, storage networks, IP addresses, firewalls, and catalog capabilities.
- Private – Utilizing the same expertise, service and technology delivered in its own datacenters, Dell will build private clouds at either our customer’s datacenter or Dell datacenters leveraging VMware offerings including VMware vSphere® and VMware vCloud Director™ as well as Dell’s vStart offering.
- Hybrid - Dell and VMware provide a single source to substantially simplify the management of customers’ physical and VMware vSphere-based virtual data center infrastructure adding flexibility to customer requirements. Utilizing VMware vCloud Connector, the hybrid cloud solution provides management of on- or off-premise private cloud and Dell’s Public cloud offering.
In keeping with Dell’s principles of open, capable and affordable, the cloud offering is based on open standards and interoperable technologies that enable the seamless portability of workloads between public and private clouds. This offering is optimized to IT outsourcing capabilities for customers wanting to leverage their standardized VMware data centers to achieve greater business transformation results at lower costs.
This is the first offering of Dell’s cloud vision that is based on providing next generation end-to-end solutions to address customers’ requirements.
Solution Availability and Beta ProgramDell is currently offering the Dell Cloud with VMware vCloud Datacenter Service with beta customers. The offering will be generally available in the U.S. in the fourth calendar quarter this year with rollout planned for EMEA and APJ in 2012. Partnership Dell and VMware have enjoyed a strong and strategic relationship for almost 10 years. Dell is one of the largest VMware resellers in the world and the companies’ combined products are used worldwide to help organizations drive efficiency. VMware hypervisors are certified as a component of Dell’s converged infrastructure offering, vStart, and can be managed by Dell’s Advanced Infrastructure Manager offering, which enables businesses to manage physical and virtual resources from a single console.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV