VANCOUVER, Aug. 29, 2011 /PRNewswire/ - Fortuna Silver Mines Inc. (TSX: FVI / Lima Stock Exchange: FVI / www.fortunasilver.com) is pleased to announce that it has been authorized to apply to list its common stock on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). The application was submitted on August 25, 2011.
Fortuna is a growing silver and base metal producer with mines in Peru and Mexico. Its Caylloma Mine in southern Peru is a wholly-owned low-cost, underground mine producing silver, lead, zinc and gold, operating at a treatment rate of over 1,250 tonnes per day (tpd) of ore. The Company recently announced that it expects to begin commercial production at the San Jose Mine, its second mine, also wholly-owned, in Oaxaca, Mexico on September 1, at an initial mining rate of 1,000 tpd.
"As we continue to expand our mining operations, this application marks an important strategic step for Fortuna. A listing on the NYSE will help raise our profile as an up-and-coming producer of silver and other metals and showcase our solid growth record," said Jorge A. Ganoza, Fortuna President, CEO and Director.
For 2011, Fortuna's consolidated production guidance is 2.4 million ounces of silver, 7,530 ounces of gold plus approximately 38.4 million pounds of combined lead and zinc production. For the first two quarters of 2011, silver production at Caylloma was 912,102 ounces, with 10.3 million pounds of lead and 11.9 million pounds of zinc as by products. For 2012, the Company anticipates an increase in production to 3.7 million ounces of silver, 18,041 ounces of gold and approximately 39.8 million pounds of combined lead and zinc production.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV