NEW YORK, Aug. 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Hurricane Irene: FM News 101.9 helped you track it, now it helps you through it. With the physical storm beyond the New York metropolitan area, New York's only 24-hour FM all-news station – FM News 101.9 – continues to be the best destination for accurate, comprehensive, and practical information listeners need in the wake of Hurricane Irene.
FM News 101.9 is currently covering Hurricane Irene wall-to-wall without commercial interruption as New York initiates the rescue, recovery, and cleanup process. FM News 101.9 has the largest team of meteorologists on FM and is delivering understandable traffic reports and other essential information that listeners need to assess damage from the storm as transportation comes back on line and as businesses reopen. Reporters located in Manhattan, New Jersey, Westchester County, Staten Island, Queens, Brooklyn, Connecticut, and Long Island are covering up-to-the-minute news and updates of essential interest to local listeners.
"In all of the areas worst hit by Hurricane Irene, we've had reporters on the ground covering the scenes," said Liz Aiello, VP of Programming for Merlin Media. "Our listeners were great reporters, too. They've been calling since the middle of night, telling us what they were experiencing and seeking advice from us on how to deal with specific situations."
Aiello added: "FM News 101.9 is the only all-news station that listens to you. Before, during and following Hurricane Irene, we took calls from listeners and businesses to build an on-air social community. Radio invented this, and seems to have forgotten it. At FM News, we remembered the power of real listener interaction."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV