NEW YORK, Aug. 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- As Hurricane Irene approaches the New York metropolitan area, listeners of Florida's WFTL 850 AM will hear the most accurate on-air coverage of the storm as it is simulcast through Merlin Media's recently launched FM News 101.9 New York.
With WFTL 850 AM's simulcast, listeners in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach and other parts of South Florida will receive critical information on Hurricane Irene that includes detailed weather forecasts from the largest FM team of meteorologists, understandable traffic reports monitoring evacuation efforts, and other essential hurricane preparation survival information. This news is of vital importance to South Florida's large population of former New Yorkers and residents with friends, family and property on the Eastern seaboard.
The simulcast began Friday afternoon at 3 P.M. and will continue throughout the weekend along with local cut-ins.
Beginning late Saturday afternoon, FM News 101.9 will be covering Hurricane Irene wall-to-wall and is prepared to broadcast without commercial interruption. FM News 101.9 delivers news on the FM band with a strong signal not affected by lightning.FM News 101.9 can also be heard streaming online at www.fmnewsnewyork.com. About Merlin Media LLC Merlin Media LLC ( www.merlinmediallc.com) was formed in June 2011 by leading private equity firm GTCR in partnership with Emmis Communications (NasdaqGS: EMMS), a diversified media company, and Randy Michaels for the purpose of acquiring and operating media assets. The company begins with a base of three properties – two in Chicago and one in New York – and intends to develop a combination of media across the country. Contact for Merlin Media LLC Kyle GiuntaMediaLinkO: 646-259-3006M: 845-453-4877 email@example.com Edward AdlerMediaLinkO: 646-259-3006 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Merlin Media LLC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV