Market Hopes to Focus on Jobs, Not Hurricane, in Coming Week
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Stocks managed their best weekly performance in two months, even though Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke focused on fiscal policy instead of stimulus in his highly anticipated speech on Friday.
But with Congress still in recess, the market will likely be focused next week on the government's August jobs report -- unless Hurricane Irene wrecks havoc on Wall Street over the weekend.
Although there was initially disappointment about the
In addition to acknowledging that temporary and structural issues are dragging on the economy, Bernanke also placed some blame on Washington.> > Bull or Bear? Vote in Our Poll "Without significant policy changes, the finances of the federal government will inevitably spiral out of control, risking severe economic and financial damage," Bernanke said in
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV