, Aug. 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
's only 24-hour FM all-news station is now the go-to destination for clear coverage of Hurricane Irene. As the storm approaches the
metropolitan area, FM News 101.9 is giving listeners the practical information they need to protect themselves and their families with accurate weather reports, traffic implications related to evacuation efforts, and other crucial hurricane preparation tips.
Beginning late Saturday afternoon, FM News 101.9 will be covering Hurricane Irene wall-to-wall and is prepared to broadcast without commercial interruption. Delivering news on the FM band – a strong signal with greater clarity than can be found on AM – ensures that listeners will be better able to hear essential information about the storm as its approach disrupts weaker signals.
FM News has more expert meteorologists and reporters than any other FM station who are helping New Yorkers stay safe as Hurricane Irene nears. Here's a taste of what listeners are getting from FM News 101.9 right now:
Traffic tips to keep in mind as Hurricane Irene approaches.
Important hurricane preparation tips and advice.
- Tolls in certain areas have been suspended to expedite evacuation efforts.
- Expect the MTA and the entire public transit system in New York City to be shutdown.
- New Jersey Transit has suspended rail service as of Noon Saturday.
About Merlin Media LLC
- Remember to stay calm during the storm by exercising intellect over emotion and by being proactive.
- Be sure to secure outdoor objects that are liable to be pushed around by high winds and heavy rain.
- Begin assembling emergency kits and gathering food, water, and batteries in preparation for limited access to supplies for a period of up-to 72 hours.
Merlin Media LLC (
) was formed in
by leading private equity firm GTCR in partnership with Emmis Communications (NasdaqGS: EMMS), a diversified media company, and
for the purpose of acquiring and operating media assets. The company begins with a base of three properties – two in
and one in
– and intends to develop a combination of media across the country.
Contact for Merlin Media LLC
MediaLinkO: 646-259-3006M: 845-453-4877
SOURCE Merlin Media LLC