NEW YORK, Aug. 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- New York's only 24-hour FM all-news station is now the go-to destination for clear coverage of Hurricane Irene. As the storm approaches the New York metropolitan area, FM News 101.9 is giving listeners the practical information they need to protect themselves and their families with accurate weather reports, traffic implications related to evacuation efforts, and other crucial hurricane preparation tips.
Beginning late Saturday afternoon, FM News 101.9 will be covering Hurricane Irene wall-to-wall and is prepared to broadcast without commercial interruption. Delivering news on the FM band – a strong signal with greater clarity than can be found on AM – ensures that listeners will be better able to hear essential information about the storm as its approach disrupts weaker signals.
FM News has more expert meteorologists and reporters than any other FM station who are helping New Yorkers stay safe as Hurricane Irene nears. Here's a taste of what listeners are getting from FM News 101.9 right now:
Traffic tips to keep in mind as Hurricane Irene approaches.
- Tolls in certain areas have been suspended to expedite evacuation efforts.
- Expect the MTA and the entire public transit system in New York City to be shutdown.
- New Jersey Transit has suspended rail service as of Noon Saturday.
- Remember to stay calm during the storm by exercising intellect over emotion and by being proactive.
- Be sure to secure outdoor objects that are liable to be pushed around by high winds and heavy rain.
- Begin assembling emergency kits and gathering food, water, and batteries in preparation for limited access to supplies for a period of up-to 72 hours.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV