1. Cabot Oil & Gas (COG)
Company Profile: Cabot Oil & Gas produces and stores natural gas for resale. The company is involved in the Marcellus shale project.2011 Total Return: 84% Current Share Price: $69.50 (Aug. 25) Oil prices have dropped as growth forecasts have been pared back, but Cabot should still see longer-term demand for natural gas. Unlike oil, natural gas is in abundance in the U.S. The company has been performing well, with revenue up 20% in the second quarter. Cabot also reported a doubling of profits. Even with this dominant performance in 2011 thus far, 12 analysts covering Cabot rate the stock "buy," including analysts at Brean Murray and Canaccord Genuity. Another eight research firms say investors should hold on to shares. Only one researcher has a "sell" rating on Cabot shares. The average price target of $93 suggests upside potential of more than 30%. To see these stocks in action, check out the 10 Best Performing S&P 500 Stocks portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Robert Holmes in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Robert Holmes. >To follow Robert Holmes on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/RobTheStreet. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV