5. Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG)
Company Profile: Chipotle Mexican Grill operates fast-casual Mexican food restaurants in 35 states throughout the U.S.2011 Total Return: 36% Current Share Price: $289.24 (Aug. 25) Shares of Chipotle have pulled back from the stock's record high of $337 set in July. Last month, Chipotle missed Wall Street's profit expectations for its latest quarter because of higher costs. Operating margins shrank due to higher food costs, the company said. Even so, analysts expect Chipotle to rebound to an average price of $333, which would be an increase of 11% from current levels. Ten research firms following the stock, including Morgan Keegan and R.W. Baird, rate the stock a "buy." Another 14 say investors should hold shares, while two firms suggest dumping Chipotle stock.
4. Lorillard (LO) Company Profile: Lorillard makes cigarettes and tobacco in the U.S., marketed under the brand names of Newport, Kent, True, Maverick and Old Gold. 2011 Total Return: 36.7% Current Share Price: $109.11 (Aug. 25) Lorillard garners eight "buy" ratings and four "hold" ratings from analysts. Goldman Sachs among the most bullish with a $123 price target, and Deutsche Bank is among the most skeptical with a price target of $103. The comes after Lorillard beat quarterly profit and sales expectations on improved cigarette volume and higher selling prices. Lorillard made headlines as it was one of a group of tobacco makers suing the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, alleging that new graphic labeling rules are unconstitutional. Lorillard said requiring cigarette makers to display one of the nine new warning labels on each package is "an unconstitutional way of forcing tobacco manufacturers to disseminate the government's anti-smoking message."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV