5. Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG)
Company Profile: Chipotle Mexican Grill operates fast-casual Mexican food restaurants in 35 states throughout the U.S.2011 Total Return: 36% Current Share Price: $289.24 (Aug. 25) Shares of Chipotle have pulled back from the stock's record high of $337 set in July. Last month, Chipotle missed Wall Street's profit expectations for its latest quarter because of higher costs. Operating margins shrank due to higher food costs, the company said. Even so, analysts expect Chipotle to rebound to an average price of $333, which would be an increase of 11% from current levels. Ten research firms following the stock, including Morgan Keegan and R.W. Baird, rate the stock a "buy." Another 14 say investors should hold shares, while two firms suggest dumping Chipotle stock.
4. Lorillard (LO) Company Profile: Lorillard makes cigarettes and tobacco in the U.S., marketed under the brand names of Newport, Kent, True, Maverick and Old Gold. 2011 Total Return: 36.7% Current Share Price: $109.11 (Aug. 25) Lorillard garners eight "buy" ratings and four "hold" ratings from analysts. Goldman Sachs among the most bullish with a $123 price target, and Deutsche Bank is among the most skeptical with a price target of $103. The comes after Lorillard beat quarterly profit and sales expectations on improved cigarette volume and higher selling prices. Lorillard made headlines as it was one of a group of tobacco makers suing the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, alleging that new graphic labeling rules are unconstitutional. Lorillard said requiring cigarette makers to display one of the nine new warning labels on each package is "an unconstitutional way of forcing tobacco manufacturers to disseminate the government's anti-smoking message."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV